Step-by-Step Guide to Buying a House in North CarolinaWhether you’re a first time homebuyer or you’re purchasing your 10th property, the buying process can be a stressful experience.,
All About Asheville, North Carolina
Dated: July 4 2023
Discover Downtown Asheville, NC
Contributing Author, Madeline Kimbrough
Asheville, North Carolina, with it's over 90,000 residents, may not be considered a large city by national standards, however it is the largest city in Western North Carolina and a true melting pot of diversity. Any time of the year, you’ll find Downtown Asheville bustling with shoppers, tourists, and locals. There are an abundance of shops, from clothing to gifts to antiques. Asheville is known for its food and beer, and you’ll find no shortage of that in downtown.
Downtown Asheville Amenities and things to do in downtown Asheville:
Dine restaurants by James Beard Award-winning chefs, such as Rhubarb or Curate. Enjoy Indian cuisine at Mehfils, a burger from Farm Burger, or dim-sum at Red Ginger. There are countless restaurants downtown with food from many genres and cultures. Don’t forget to swing by the French Broad Chocolate Lounge for dessert. Their Liquid Truffle is a game changer. Downtown is also home to many breweries, such as Green Man, High Wire, Thirsty Monk, and Wicked Weed.
Neighborhoods in Downtown Asheville:
Montford, Grove Park, Kenilworth - beautiful neighborhoods full of beautiful, historic homes. You’ll also find some new modern homes mixed in. Town Mountain features lovely homes with gorgeous views overlooking Asheville.
What tourist attractions, parks, recreation are in Asheville?
Harrah’s Cherokee Center is an arena that hosts live concerts, craft shows, and sports events year-round. Next door is the Thomas Wolfe Auditorium, which also features live events, including the Asheville Symphony Orchestra. The Orange Peel and Rabbit Rabbit are two other popular music venues. Pack Square has water spots in the summer for children and concerts or movies in the evenings. Aston Park Tennis Center is just outside the downtown hub. For educational ideas, downtown also boasts the Asheville Art Museum and Asheville Museum of Science.
Are there any yearly events or festivals in downtown?
There are numerous festivals and events that take place in our beautiful downtown. Downtown After 5 is a free, live concert event featuring music of all genres that happens the 3rd Friday of the Month April-September. Shindig on the Green is a free bluegrass concert event at Pack Square Park. There’s a culinary event called Chow Chow and some amazing cultural festivals, such as Hola Asheville and the Goombay Festival. There are really too many great musical, cultural, and arts events to name!
What are the Asheville Zip Codes?
28801, 28803, 28804, 28805, 28806
Future Asheville News:
Downtown Asheville is not new to development. New hotels, commercial buildings, and residential buildings are not uncommon.
Links of Interest:
- Top Summer Festivals: https://www.exploreasheville.com/stories/post/top-summer-festivals-events-in-asheville/
- Shindig on the Green: https://www.exploreasheville.com/stories/post/shindig-on-the-green-music-and-dance-festival-in-asheville-nc/
- Hola Carolina: https://holacarolina.org/events-festivals/
- Goombay Festival: https://www.romanticasheville.com/goombay.htm
PLACES TO VISIT
- Pack Square Park: https://www.exploreasheville.com/listings/pack-square-park/35/
- Harrah's Cherokee Center Asheville: https://www.harrahscherokeecenterasheville.com/
- Thomas Wolfe Auditorium: https://www.harrahscherokeecenterasheville.com/venues/thomas-wolfe-auditorium
- Asheville Art Museum: https://www.ashevilleart.org/
- Asheville Museum of Science: https://ashevillescience.org/
- Asheville Parks & Recreation: https://www.ashevillenc.gov/department/parks-recreation/
- Asheville Symphony: https://ashevillesymphony.org/
- The Orange Peel:https://theorangepeel.net/
- Rabbit Rabbit: https://rabbitrabbitavl.com/
- Rhubarb Asheville: https://www.rhubarbasheville.com/about#about-title
- Mehfil: https://www.mehfilasheville.com
- Greenman Brewery: https://www.greenmanbrewery.com/
A native of Western North Carolina, Heather was born and raised in the Asheville area. Over the years she has worked in various roles within the home industry including working with several local home....
Latest Blog Posts
The Great Outdoors of Western North CarolinaWestern North Carolina is a hotspot for outdoor enthusiasts. Whether you enjoy the water, land or even the air, our area has the perfect escape for you to